My Headlines

About Me

My photo
Silently I am Heard. Invisible I am Seen. My words I will express to be heard and to be seen.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Poetry Today



Today is one of those days where life seems to be spinning out of control, so enjoy these 4 poems while I work on my next blog. I will tell you what I'm felling today. For those who know how I can get. I'm not depressed, remember I said I won't feel that way anymore, life is too short for that and I meant it.

QUANTUM

Sunrise buried in dusk,
Prior to the waking night.

Presently standing,
on the threshold of the past,
Facing the future.

No going back,
No staying here,
Forward one way.

A guest of virtual reality,
suspended in animation.

Feelings of numbness,
emotions suppressed.

Wondering which is me,
the lost or the free?

Spinning, spiraling, swirling,
nausea, vertigo, detached,

Stained in mystery,
is my aura.

Birth emerging,
life exploring.

……Death…..

No ignoring.

Psychotherapy babble,
metaphysical quandary,
are the reality of my insanity.

No escape from the prison of self-consciousness,
a life sentence of accepted regret.

From the darkness comes the light,
where the once blind learns to see.

  12/05/08

 FATE BE TOLD

Weeping sorrows,
full of illusions and dissatisfaction.
Stimulating anxiety,
a designer disorder,
yearning sedation,
requiring rehab.
Seeking amends
for a life
unfix-able.
Really too tired to care.
Hiding,
deep in the shadows.
Invisibly trying to be seen.
Now.
Was it fate
that gave me this day?
Or,
was it the life I lived
that became my fate?
Once I tried to steal joy,
sure that happiness would follow.
So said,
that time is gone.
Today,
fires of hell are trying to engulf me.
Blinding my eyes
With oozing tears of strength.
Eliminating the dark flames of hell,
to a path where heaven  shines,
and warms my cold heart.

 
6/9/09


Shouting Voices

Infectious disease,
contagious virus,
communicable, transmittable,
epidemic,
Madness.
Indiscriminate, undirected,
flamboyant, ostentatious,
plausible, erratic,
a quandary of conflict,
War
Jostled from tranquil dreams,
caffeine free jittery,
erratic days,
daubed happiness,
Possibilities.
Sprinkle my daily bread with jubilation,
fill my heart with contentment,
destroy madness,
cease war,
embrace possibilities,
Aspirations.
Louder then shouting voices,
my scribbled ink screams.

03/28/09

Organic Love in the Shadow of Happiness

An invisible creature
Starving for attention
feeding on contentment
Serotonin intoxicated
dopamine sedated
High on concentration
Hangover with relaxation
A world of utopia
in a state of euphoria
A hoax for the gullible
usually undetectable
A mortal enigma
arriving without a calling card or signature
Drowning in rapture
just before the last departure
Surfing the waves of ecstasy
assassinating misery
Warmed in a heat of tranquility
copacetic is the mentality
Swindled into bliss
betrayed with a kiss
An auspicious blessing
not worth testing
Clarity shines bright
a fortune of delight
Is it madness?
No!
It’s organic.
The Quintessence of Love in the Shadow of Happiness.

 01/03/09

No comments:

Post a Comment